Job Title: Roofing Carpenter
Reports to: Team Leader
Responsible for a wide variety of miscellaneous tasks, such as roof decking and structural repairs. Remove and reinstall windows and doors. Handyman tasks such as downspout installation, fascia board replacements, siding repairs, and painting. Participation in sloped and flat roof installations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Basic carpentry
- Structural repairs
- Replacing skylights
- Ventilation installations
- Repair and remedial work to unsound roofing substrates
- Remove and replace doors, windows, and hardware
- Remove and replace siding, fascia, trims, moldings, etc.
- Interior drywall and finishing repairs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of various roofing systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in the English language
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Considerable knowledge of fall protection systems, and WorksafeBC regulations
- Proficient in the use of company intranet and project management tools including Buildertrend
- Good mathematical, reading, and time management skills
- Ability to work at heights on a flat or sloped roof
- 2+ years of roofing experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Carpenter tools
- Fall protection kit
- Can lift >22kg (>50 lbs)
The following are great to have, but not all are required at the time of employment. Further training and certification can be achieved while employed.
- Fall Protection
- (Optional) Red Seal – Carpenter Certificate
Working from heights in inclement weather conditions. Although sites are kept safe, you must be diligent and keep a strong focus on your surroundings at all times. Typical weather conditions can include extremely hot or extremely cold temperatures and you must be able to wear clothing accordingly as well as wear proper safety gear at all times.
To apply for this job please visit bestwestroofing.com.