Job Title: General Labourer
Reports to: Team Leader
Become proficient with safe work practices including fall protection. Work as part of a team, and carry out a range of tasks in an efficient and focused manner. Help with physically demanding tasks, while learning about various roofing systems and installation techniques. Learn to anticipate the needs of other crew members and help contribute to a positive working environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in tear-off of old roof systems
- Unloading, lifting, and moving building materials around the job site, typically onto a roof with a ladder
- Maintain a clean and safe work site at all times
- Remove debris and rubble from the work area
- Maintain a safe and non-hazardous and accident-free worksite.
- Meet and maintain strict health and safety standards
- Learning new roofing techniques and systems and being able to assist with installations
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of roofing construction and various roofing system applications
- Ability to foresee possible safety concerns and deal with them as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to take direction with excellent listening skills
- Fluent in the English language
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Considerable knowledge of fall protection systems, and WorksafeBC regulations
- Proficient in the use of company intranet and project management tools including Buildertrend
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- 2+ years of roofing experience
- Fall protection kit
- Can lift >22kg (>50 lbs)
The following are great to have, but not all are required at the time of employment. Further training and certification can be achieved while employed.
- Fall protection
Working from heights in inclement weather conditions. Although sites are kept safe, you must be diligent and keep a strong focus on your surroundings at all times. Typical weather conditions can include extremely hot or extremely cold temperatures and you must be able to wear clothing accordingly as well as wear proper safety gear at all times.
To apply for this job please visit bestwestroofing.com.