Aesthetically pleasing and can bring many benefits to both public and private sectors in local environments. Keeping in mind each installation is unique, so their performance will vary by region, climate, building and green roof type.
Routine Maintenance Is Not Required
Beyond normal rainfall, it will depend upon the plants selected, the local climate, and specific weather patterns. Under normal conditions, supplemental irrigation is seldom if ever required.
Back Up Irrigation System Is Optional
Can range from spigot and hose to overhead irrigation (similar to what one might have in one’s yard). Irrigating during protracted hot, dry weather is a personal choice, the cost is minimal, and one has the piece of mind that if ever needed, the water will be there.
- LEED Certification
- Locally grown at the nursery
- Modular interlock and seamless
- Provides ‘Extra’ space (social & recreation)
- Air quality improvement
- Water absorption reduces stormwater runoff
- Thermal regulation over temperature fluctuations
- Noise reduction by up to 40dB during rainfall
- Greater than +25% Energy efficiency
- Reduces ‘urban heat island effect’
- Extends lifetime of roofing systems
- Compatible ‘warranty’ on roofing systems