Responsible for planning and controlling every stage (from pre-construction, through to completion) of roofing installations or repairs to commercial properties for multiple concurrent construction projects. Complete projects on time and within budget, while ensuring that the roofing teams work in safe conditions.
- Responsible for planning and controlling every stage (from pre-construction, through to completion) of roofing installations or repairs to commercial properties for multiple concurrent construction projects. Complete projects on time and within budget, while ensuring that the roofing teams work in safe conditions.
- Corresponds with client to update on progress reports and answer questions.
- Corresponds with architects, prime contractors and inspectors.
- Checks in daily with team leaders as required to ensure project is executed correctly.
- Deals with permits from the City and other special paperwork as necessary.
- Ensures final structure is stable, safe and durable.
- Holds consultative meetings with architects, contractors and facility managers before designing a roofing plan based on safety, budget, client’s expectations and regulations.
- Prepares cost estimates and material specifications reports.
- Ensures that there are personal arrest systems and safety net systems for employees working on low-slope roofs, and toe boards for those working on steep roofs.
- Ensures workers are wearing protective gears such as hand gloves and head helmets to protect them against cuts and head injuries.
- Budgets for training sessions and safety supplies such as first aid kits.
- Responsible for quality control, inspects work material such as tiles, timber and iron sheets to confirm absence of tear, color non-conformance and other defects, instructs workers and supervises them to ensure that they adhere to specific details related to quality, texture, color, size and layout of roofing materials.
- Inspects work in progress and reviews assessments performed by agency inspectors to guarantee conformance to specifications.
- Advises recruiting department on skills he will require to accomplish a project.
- Responsible of defining the scope of the project and day-to-day targets of teams.
- Using reports from team leaders (foreman), resolves any work-related challenges the teams are facing, as well as ensures that enough supplies are available for continuous work.
- Maintain good public relations with customers.
- Adhere to and enforce health and safety policies of the company and regulatory authorities.
- Complete and maintain proper daily paperwork (i.e. Timesheets, Delivery Invoices, Safety check-list, Tool-box talks, and etc).
- Ability to solve unforeseen dilemmas and problems on the jobsite as they occur.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles, project costing and ability to design, review and prepare project plans.
- Knowledge of roofing construction and various roofing system applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Considerable knowledge of work hazards and safety precautions.
- Proficient with computer applications and mobile smart devices.
- Good mathematical, reading and time management skills.
- Be able to read blue prints.
- Ability to work at heights on a flat or sloped roof.
- Minimum 5+ years roofing experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Own truck and roofing tools.
- Trained in fall protection and safety planning.
- Lift >22kg (>50 lbs).