Work as part of a team, and carry out a range of a tasks in an efficient and focused manner.
- Assist in tear-off of old roof systems
- Unloading, lifting and moving building materials around job site, typically onto a roof with a ladder
- Maintain a clean and safe work site at all times
- Remove debris and rubble from work area
- Maintain a safe and non-hazardous and accident free work site.
- Meet and maintain strict health and safety standards
- Learning new roofing techniques and systems and be able to assist with installations
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Some knowledge of roofing construction and various roofing system applications
- Ability to foresee possible safety concerns and deal with them as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to take direction with excellent listening skills
- Fluent in the English language
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Considerable knowledge of work hazards and safety precautions
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Lift up to >22kg (>50 lbs).
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Own vehicle is an asset.
- Some construction experience preferred.
- Some roofing experience preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to work at heights on a flat or sloped roof.
- Trained in fall protection and safety planning an asset.