Work involves repairing, maintaining, and removing flat roofs and the installation of new systems. Assignments are received through oral instructions prior to and during progress. Work is reviewed while in progress and upon completion.
- Working efficiently with a team to keep project on time and within budget.
- Install, remove, repair and replace new or existing flat roofing systems.
- Maintain a clean and safe work site.
- Operate various hand and power tools.
- Meet strict safety requirements.
- Lifting and moving heavy building materials.
- Assist project manager and other team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Knowledge of roofing construction and various roofing system applications.
- Knowledge of vapour barriers, rigid insulation, protection/recovery boards and fastening systems.
- Knowledge of mechanically fastened, self-adhered and fully torched SBS base and cap sheets.
- Familiar with IKO and Soprema product lines.
- Should be trained in fall protection and safety planning.
- Knowledge of necessary tools,equipment, materials and methods needed to complete flat roofing projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Considerable knowledge of work hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in flat roofing.
- Journeyman Roofer - Certification is an asset.
- Journeyman Roofer - Red Seal is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Own vehicle and tools is an asset.
- Lift up to >22kg (>50 lbs).